What is a cookie?
A cookie is a file that is downloaded to your device when accessing certain websites. Among other features, cookies allow a website to store and recover information about the browser habits of a user or of its equipment and, depending on the information contained and the way in which you use your equipment, they can be used to recognise the user.
When browsing accesible.visitbiscay.eus, you will be consenting to the use of the cookies as per the terms contained herein.
Types of cookies
- Technical cookies: These cookies allow the user to browse a website, platform or application and use the different web options and services, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the sessions, accessing parts with restricted access, recalling aspects of an order, performing the process to purchase an order, processing the application to register or take part in an event, using security features while browsing, storing content for the purpose of broadcasting videos or sound, or sharing content via social networks.
- Personalisation cookies: these cookies allow the user to access the service with some general predefined characteristics according to a series of criteria in the device of the user, such as the language, type of browser used to access the service, the regional configuration from where the service is accessed, etc.
- Analysis cookies: these cookies allow the number of users to be quantified and are used to measure and analyse the browsing in order to improve the services made available. They can be own or third-party cookies.
Duration of the cookies
Session cookies: They collect and store data while the user accesses a website. They are usually used to store information that only needs to be kept to provide the service requested on a single occasion (for example: list of products in a shopping trolley).
Persistent cookies: The data continues to be stored in the device and can be accessed and processed during a period defined by the cookie manager. That period can range from a few minutes to several years.
Types of cookies according to the manager
Depending on who manages the equipment or domain from where the cookies are sent and who processes the data obtained, cookies can be divided into:
- Own cookies: they are managed by Bizkaia Provincial Council
- Third-party cookies: They are managed by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
How can I disable or delete the cookies?
You can allow, block or delete the cookies installed on your equipment by configuring the browser options installed on your device. You should check the configuration options of your web browser for further information.
If you disable or delete the cookies, some features of www may not operate correctly.
Cookies on accesible.visitbiscay.eus
The type of cookies used on accesible.visitbiscay.eus is set out below, according to their purpose:
To authenticate users, avoid the fraudulent use of session start credential and protect user data against unauthorised third parties
The website cannot operate adequately without these cookies.
To define the preferred browser language.
The user experience will be less functional without these cookies, but must not affect the operating of the website.
To gather information about the way the user interacts with the website. The objective is to improve the browser experience of the users.
The website will continue functioning without these cookies.